TIPP, short for Tallahassee Involvement and Participation Points, is a contest for members of Tallahassee Chess Club. TIPP’s will accumulate over the year and the member with the most TIPPs at the end of the year will receive a 1-year USCF membership (new or renewal). The member with the second most TIPPs will have their Tallahassee Chess Club membership renewed for one year. You must be a Tallahassee Chess Club member for at least 6 months of the year, so if you need to pay or renew your dues, please see our website’s homepage (you can now pay online via PayPal).
How can you earn TIPPs?
- Get 10 TIPPs for attending our Wednesday night chess club meeting. You could earn 40-50 TIPPs each month if you show up every Wednesday!
- Earn TIPPs when you play in a sponsored chess tournament. Each win (in a played game) is worth whatever the Time Control for the game is in minutes. A draw is worth half the Time Control for the game. Examples: you are playing in a G/10 tournament. You will earn 10 TIPPs for a win and 5 TIPPs for a draw. for a G/5 tournament you will get 5 TIPPs for a win and 2.5 TIPPs for a draw.
- Write articles for this blog: annotate one of your games (from any tournament or one you played just for fun), report on a tournament you attend, post an interesting chess-related anecdote, or whatever you think will be interesting for our members to read. Earn 25 TIPPs for an article posted to the blog.
- At certain tournaments (slower time controls), turning in a completed score sheet will also earn TIPPs — in additional to what you earn by playing. This will be announced at the beginning of those tournaments. Your game’s score may be posted on this blog.
- There will be additional ways to earn TIPPs by assisting at Tallahassee Chess Club tournaments and other volunteering activities.
I’d like to hear from everyone about how we can increase participation and involvement with Tallahassee Chess Club. If you have any questions or an idea for a TIPP activity, please let me know.