Excerpt from the interview with Garry Kasparov:
“So I think that today, in 2013, I have a lot of experience, I learned from the past mistakes, as a good Botvinnik disciple, I used to analyze games and I believe I know what was done wrong in the past.
I think people are sick and tired of broken promises, they’re looking for change. And I also think the global momentum now is very much benefiting my chess agenda. It’s all about education, social impact, it’s about technology, it’s about globalization. All these factors, they could make chess very successful. But in order to put them together you need a proper interface between the chess world and the rest of the world. I am sure I am the right person to secure this connection.”
You can read the full interview at Chess Vibes: http://www.chessvibes.com/garry-kasparov-making-the-difference-exclusive-interview.
- MSNBC’s O’Donnell Gets Schooled by Garry Kasparov on Obama’s ‘Red Line’ Waffle (newsbusters.org)
- Garry Kasparov – the Lenin of the Twitter age? (amarkedimprovement.wordpress.com)
- Kasparov makes move for chess presidency (sofiaglobe.com)
- Chess Player Garry Kasparov (IQ 190) Exposes Obama & Lawrence O’Donnell As Morons – O’Donnell Too Dumb To Realize It (im41.com)
- Disney Plans Film On Chess Wiz Garry Kasparov Vs. Computer (m.deadline.com)
- Greek chess prodigy likely to miss World Champs because of economic crisis (voiceofrussia.com)