Download/Print: October 2013 Scholastic Chess Tournament Flyer (PDF)
Register Online: http://chess2013oct.eventbrite.com
- Gamescape in Tallahassee Mall,
2415 North Monroe Street, Suite 303, Tallahassee, FL 32303
- Two Sections: USCF rated & Unrated
- USCF Membership is only required if you play in the rated section
- You may pay for a USCF membership onsite the day of the tournament or visit http://uschess.org. Please call if you have any questions
|Entry Fee &
- $25 on-site
- $5 discount if you pre-register (by mail or online)
- $5 discount for Tallahassee Chess Club members
- Mailed entries must be postmarked by October 7th
- Online entries may be paid by 10 pm, October 11th
- Please Visit http://chess2013oct.eventbrite.com to pay online
- On-site registration is from 10:30 am – 10:55 am the day of the tournament
- If you are not registering online, you can mail your entry form and entry fee to: Tallahassee Chess Club, 209 West Georgia Street, Tallahassee, FL 32301-1138
- 5-round Swiss System tournament
- Every player will play in all five rounds and be paired against players with similar scores within their section (rated or unrated)
- USCF Tie-break methods will be used and could include a tie-break playoff round
- Also see “An Introduction to USCF-rated Tournaments” if you are new to chess tournaments
- G/25+5d (each player receives 25 minutes to make their moves with a 5 second delay if using delay clocks, otherwise the games are just G/25)
- Each round could last up to approx. 1 hour
- This affects a player’s quick and regular rating if playing in the rated section
- Unrated section will not be required to use a clock. Adjudication of games without clocks will be done by the Tournament Director (or an assistant) after 50 minutes of play.
- Check-in by 10:55 am, or you will not be paired for the first round – EVEN if you have pre-registered!
- 11:15 am, 12:15 pm, 1:15 pm, 2:15 pm, 3:15 pm (there is no lunch break scheduled, but the food court is nearby and kids can eat between rounds).
- USCF tie-break system will be used and could include a tie-break playoff round played after the last round.
- 1st through 5th place trophies
- All participants will receive a commemorative medal
- Trophies and medals will be awarded immediately after all rounds have been played
Mail-In Registration Form
Section: _____ USCF-Rated _____ Unrated
My Entry Fee of $__________________ is enclosed.
(make check payable to Tallahassee Chess Club).
Tallahassee Chess Club
209 W. Georgia Street
Tallahassee, FL 32301-1138