Sponsored by Tallahassee Chess Club
Register Online: http://chess2013may.eventbrite.com
Download/Print: May 2013 Scholastic Chess Tournament Flyer
- Gamescape in Tallahassee Mall, 2415 North Monroe Street, Suite 303, Tallahassee, FL 32303
- Two Sections: USCF rated & Unrated.
- USCF Membership is only required if you play in the rated section.
- You may pay for a USCF membership on-site the day of the tournament or visit http://uschess.org. Please call if you have any questions.
Entry Fee & Registration:
- $25 on-site.
- $5 discount if you pre-register (by mail or online).
- $5 discount for Tallahassee Chess Club members.
- Mailed entries must be postmarked by May 13, 2013.
- Online entries may be paid by 10 pm, May 17th.
- Please Visit http://chess2013may.eventbrite.com to register and pay online.
- On-site registration is from 10:30 am – 10:55 am the day of the tournament.
- If you are not registering online, you can mail your entry form and entry fee to: Tallahassee Chess Club, 209 West Georgia Street, Tallahassee, FL 32301-1138
- 5-round Swiss System tournament.
- Every player will play in all five rounds and be paired against players with similar scores within their section (rated or unrated).
- USCF Tie-break methods will be used and could include a tie-break playoff round.
- Also see “An Introduction to USCF-rated Tournaments“if you are new to chess tournaments.
- Each round is G/25+5d (game in 25 minutes with 5 second delay for delay clocks). Each player receives 25 minutes to make their moves with a 5 second delay if using delay clocks, otherwise the games are just G/25. So each round could last up to 1 hour.
- This affects a player’s quick and regular rating in the rated section.
- Unrated section will not be required to use a clock. Adjudication of games without clocks will be done by the Tournament Director (or an assistant) after 50 minutes of play.
- Check-in by 10:55 am, or you will not be paired for the first round – EVEN if you have pre-registered!
- 11:15 am, 12:15 pm, 1:15 pm, 2:15 pm, 3:15 pm (there is no lunch break scheduled, but the food court is nearby and kids can eat between rounds)
- USCF tie-break system will be used and could include a tie-break playoff round played after the last round
Trophies & Awards:
- 1st and 2nd place trophies to each of the following grade levels: Overall (K-12), K-8, and K-5. One trophy per player
- All participants will receive a commemorative medal
- Trophies and medals will be awarded immediately after all rounds have been played
- Contact the Tournament Director with any questions you might have:
#----#----#----#----#----#----#----#----#----#----#----#----#----# Mail-In Registration Form Name:_________________________________________________________ Address:______________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________ Email:________________________________________________________ Section: _____ USCF-Rated _____ Unrated USCF ID:______________________________________________________ Rating:_______________________________________________________ My Entry Fee of $__________________ is enclosed (make check payable to Tallahassee Chess Club). Mail to: Tallahassee Chess Club 209 W. Georgia Street Tallahassee, FL 32301-1138 #----#----#----#----#----#----#----#----#----#----#----#----#----#