View/print/download the August 25, 2012 Scholastic Chess Tournament Announcment & Reigstration Form (PDF).
- Gamescape in Tallahassee Mall,
2415 North Monroe Street, Suite 303, Tallahassee, FL 32303
- Two Sections – There will be two sections: USCF rated & non-rated
- USCF Membership is required to play in the rated section.
- You may pay for a USCF membership onsite the day of the tournament or visit http://uschess.org. Please call if you have any questions.
|Entry Fee &
- $20 on-site.
- $5 discount if you pre-register (by mail or online).
- $5 discount for Tallahassee Chess Club members.
- Mailed entries must be postmarked by August 20, 2012.
- Online entries may be paid by midnight August 24th.
- Please Visit http://chess2012aug.eventbrite.com to pay online.
- On-site registration is from 10:30 am – 10:55 am the day of the tournament.
- If you are not registering online, you can mail your entry form and entry fee to: Tallahassee Chess Club, 209 West Georgia Street, Tallahassee, FL 32301-1138
- 5-round Swiss System tournament
- Every player will play in all five rounds and be paired against players with similar scores within their section (rated or non-rated)
- Tie-break methods will be used and could include a tie-break playoff round.
- Each round is G/25 (game in 25 minutes). Each player receives 25 minutes to make their moves. So each round could last up to 50 minutes.
- Check-in by 10:55 am, or you will not be paired for the first round – EVEN if you have pre-registered!
- 11:10 am, 12:10 pm, 1:10 pm, 2:10 pm, 3:10 pm (there is no lunch break scheduled, but the food court is nearby and kids can eat between rounds).
- Tie-break playoffs will be played if/as needed after the last round.
- 1st and 2nd place trophies to each of the following grade levels: Elementary (K-5), Middle (6-8), and High School (9-12).
- All participants will receive a commemorative medal.
- Top Tallahassee player in each section that is either a non-USCF member or joined for this tournament will be awarded a one-year Premium USCF membership.
- Trophies and medals will be awarded immediately after all rounds have been played.
If you wish to mail your registration you can use the following form:
Current Grade (K-12): _____________________________________
Section: ______Rated ______Un-rated
If you are a USCF Member, please provide the following:
USCF Member ID: ___________________________________________
Current USCF rating: ______________________________________
Would you like to be added to our email list? Yes / No
My Entry Fee of $____________ is enclosed.
Make Check Payable to Tallahassee Chess Club
Mail Entries To:
Tallahassee Chess Club
209 West Georgia Street
Tallahassee, FL 32301-1138