May 25-27 or 26-27, 2012
$500 Guaranteed First Place
All other prizes 70% guaranteed
Event information and advance registration is available online at http://RLF2012.eventbrite.com. Online advance registration ends at midnight May 22nd.
View/Print the 2012 Tallahassee Open/Robert L. Froemke Memorial Chess Tournament Announcment in PDF format.
WHEN: May 25-27 or 26-27, 2012
Hotels within walking distance to tournament:
- Hotel Duval (2 blocks walking distance)
- website: hotelduval.com
- phone: (850) 224-6000
- Aloft Downtown Tallahassee (4 blocks walking distance)
- website: www.alofttallahassee.com
- phone: (850) 513-0313
- DoubleTree by Hilton (6 blocks walking distance)
- website: doubletree.com
- phone: (850) 224-5000
PRIZES (BASED ON 25 PAYED ENTRIES)
- $500-250-125 U1600:$200-100-50
- Top prize of $500 is 100% guaranteed.
- All other prizes 70% guaranteed.
- More entries will result in higher prizes.
- Only one prize per player.
- 1/2 point bye any round, must notify TD before start of round 2.
- 1 Section: Open
- 5 Round Swiss
- G/120 (1st round 2-day option is G/90)
- Delay clocks preferred (Bronstein delay or Fischer add acceptable)
- 3-day and 2-day options
- This is a USCF-rated tournament.
- Bring your own chess set and clock.
- No smoking, No computers, Wheelchair Access
- 3-day: $66, 2-day: $65
- $10 advance entry discount, additional $5 discount for Tallahassee Chess Club members.
- Free entry to any player rated 2200+ USCF/ FIDE (higher of the two ratings used; $50 deducted from any prize money; must pre-register by mail/phone or online for free entry).
- $25 Re-entry available.
- Mailed entries must be received by May 22, 2011.
- Online registration is available at http://RLF2012.eventbrite.com and ends at midnight May 22nd.
- Online: http://RLF12.eventbrite.com
- Onsite: Friday 6-6:30pm, Saturday 8-8:30am
- 7 pm (1st round for 3-day option)
- 9 am (1st round for 2-day option)
- 2 pm (2nd round; 3-day & 2-day merge)
- 7 pm (3rd round)
- 9 am (4th round)
- 2 pm (5th and final round)
DIRECT QUESTIONS TO CHIEF TD
phone: (850) 345-7838
Please visit our website at http://TallahasseeChess.com for complete tournament information.
All Players must have proof of their USCF membership. New/renewal of USCF memberships will be available at the tournament, but you should arrive early to fill out the paperwork (bring some form of identification). You may also join/renew your USCF membership online at www.uschess.org before the tournament.